Obtaining CME Credits
|Yale CME Accreditation Statement
This online learning program is accredited for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. After
participating in the course, successfully taking the post-test and completing an evaluation, a
Certificate of Credit or Participation may be downloaded for printing.
Health professionals who complete this course will able to better:
- recognize terrorist and other public health emergencies;
- meet the acute care needs of the population, including vulnerable populations;
- participate in a coordinated, multidisciplinary response to terrorist events and other
public health emergencies; and
- rapidly and effectively alert the public health system of an event at the community, state
and national level.
||The Yale School of Medicine is accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to sponsor continuing medical education
for physicians. This educational activity is designated for a maximum of AMA PRA Category 1
Credits™ based on the course taken. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate
with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|Disclosure Policy :
||It is the policy of Yale School of
Medicine, Continuing Medical Education, to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and
scientific rigor in all its educational programs.
Conflict of Interest :
||A review of materials and faculty disclosures
indicates there are no conflicts of interest.
If you would like to receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, you must register first with the
EMPRINTS Distance Learning System (DLS) and take a post test. Upon completion of the post test
with a score of 80% or higher, you will be eligible to apply for CME credit(s) through the Center
for Continuing Medical Education at the Yale School of Medicine.
Please refer to "General Instructions"
for how to enroll and complete a course.
- After passing a post test of a course, go to the "My Certificates" page.
- Click the "Apply CME Credit" button, and the following message will appear: "This action
will direct you to another site in order to obtain CME credits. If you do NOT wish to be
redirected at this time, please press the 'Cancel' button."
- Click the "OK" button to proceed to the next step. You will be redirected to the "Yale CME"
- On your first visit to Yale's website, you will be requested to create a user account with
the Yale CME.
- After logging into the Yale CME site, the course name that you just applied for CME
credits will appear in the Pacific EMPRINTS Course List table.
- Then, click the "Go To Evaluation" link to complete the course evaluation.
Since a minimum of 50 online course minutes must be accrued to be eligible for one
Yale CME credit, you will need to apply more than one course to earn one CME credit.
1 CME credit = 50 minutes
2 CME credits = 100 minutes
3 CME credits = 150 minutes
And so forth in 50-minute increments.
- When the total minutes of courses taken total or exceed 50 minutes, the "
Generate Certificate" button will appear.
Click on the button.
- It will open the "Pacific EMPRINTS: Certificate Page
." Select courses and click on the "Request
- Then click the "Generate Certificate" button to
finalize the request.
- When you go back to the My Yale CME page, the "View
Certificate" links will appear.
- Click on the link to print the certificate.
- Application for CME credit must be submitted
within one year of course completion.